Thursday, December 22, 2005

That Time of Year Again

It’s getting close to that time of year again, when everyone wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I’m not so sure they are filled with holiday cheer and joy however, as many people still have last minute shopping to do so they can mark off people on their shopping list. If you’ve ever been in the bind where you had to hit the stores the day or two before Christmas, then you know what I am talking about.

People have zero courtesy and patience, and tend to be very demanding and oblivious to anything around them. They circle the parking lots like vultures hunting for a half-eaten carcass (open parking space) or wait at the end of a row, stalking holiday shoppers leaving the store to take their parking space. They act like a pack of hyenas in the stores as they squabble over that last item in stock. Yeah, a very cheery situation to say the least.

I was going to do all my shopping online, but I found it rather hard to do without actually touching and feeling the gifts I wanted to buy. The internet is a wonderful thing, but it’s still cold and heartless.

No comments: