Friday, December 07, 2007

Blowing the Dust Off

It's been a while since I wrote here, and lots of things have transpired since my last post. I have a new job, and things are moving quite nicely. I can't talk too much about it, but can say that I now work in the aerospace industry for a DOD sub-contractor. It is a nice change from the manufacturing field I was in. And no, I am not designing equipment that destroys life, I'm designing equipment to save them, active protection systems.

So gone are the days of sheet metal models in SolidWorks, now I'm just modeling simple prismatic parts. Part counts are about the same, around 1,000 components. This sort of surprises me, as when I interviewed I thought for sure the part counts were going to be much lower. Besides, how many components does it take to make a solid propellant rocket?

I've been doing a lot of painting lately, maybe I need to get some images posted for the ones I like. If you look to the right you'll see the slide show of my Picasa Albumns, the paintings should scroll through. You'll probably see a lot more camping photos though, which aren't bad to look at either.

No comments: